Well, a Neck Gaiter is basically a type of clothing particularly coming in a tube-like design meant to be worn around one’s neck during harsh weather conditions such as winter. It is specially made to keep the wearer warm and comfy for having a snug fit around their neck and as some like to call them, they are also well known as a ‘Buff’. The Buff when it comes to what it is made of is none other than synthetic material, a friendly fine piece of clothing coming favorably priced and affordable in comparison to the beanie, another type of clothing the Buff was designed to work like. The gaiter, unlike the beanie, is specially, used in both warm and cold weather, either wrapped around the neck for warmth or perhaps around your wrist serving as something to wipe your brow with as you get warm. It is also made to serve for multipurpose uses like sports, an added benefit, besides hiking and camping. So, sit tight let me walk you through the best cold weather neck gaiters on the market.
Possible Ways of Wearing the Neck Gaiter/Buff
Now, having known what a gaiter really is, what are the possible known ways to wear this fancy looking neck gaiter?
As already mentioned above, the piece of clothing can be worn around the neck to offer warmth.
Worn in the same way in its tube form around the neck and then pulled up to reach one’s face slightly below the eyes, a way to protect against dust, dirt, rain, or cold.
The piece of clothing can be wrapped around your wrist to a snug fit, a good way to absorb sweat when running or keep warm.
This is done by firstly starting with the hood and then taking the material from just under your chin doubling it up and pulling it up to cover your nose for added warmth or sun protection.
This is a way of wearing the buff by pulling it over your head leaving it open at the back thus protecting the back of the neck from the sun.
This allows the buff to be worn around your forehead keeping loose hair at bay or for the absorption of sweat during the long hike.
Worn by first turning the neck tube inside out then placing one end of the tube on the top of your head and twisting the it in the centre at least twice before taking the opening above the twist and pulling it down over your head.
A classic way of wearing the neck tube turning it inside out and laying it flat over your head having its openings being at the front as well as at the back. The cap shape is formed when the top layer is opened and holding the inside with your hand over your forehead, the other pulling the top layer down over your head thus forming a cap.
The neck tube can be placed around your neck, its back pulled up over the back of your head, a way to serve as either a helmet or hat.
So, basically those are amongst the many ways to wear your gaiter/buff but let’s not waste much time on that get straight to business having had much knowledge now on what a gaiter is and how it’s worn.
What are the best Cold Weather Neck Gaiters Available on Market today?
Top Ten Best Cold Weather Neck Gaiters Available on Market.
- Turtle Fur Neck Gaiter
- Smartwool Merino 250
- Buff Multifunctional
- Columbia Fast Trek
- Carhartt Fleece Neck Gaiter
- Sunmeic Neck Gaiter
- Chaos Chinook Neck Gaiter
- Buff Multifunctional
- Arctic Extreme
Now, out of those ten, I will recommend eight gaiters that would best to settle for which are:
1. Turtle Fur Neck Gaiter
Turtle Fur Neck Gaiter
- Specially designed for the females
- It is a classic fleece of Adult size, one size fitting most including juniors and teens, 100% acrylic, double-layer Heavyweight Original Turtle Fur Fleece, the Softest and Warmest Fleece, Original Turtle Fur, is still number 1 best-selling fleece neck warmer in the world.
- Great for Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing as well as Cross-Country Skiing. It is luxurious, comfy and warm, is itch resistant, durable, colour fast as well as machine washable.
The Turtle Fur Neck Gaiter is a winter type of neck gaiter designed for outdoors use providing lots of thermal protection from the elements of cold weather whilst you are out adventuring. It is an easy wear type of gaiter coming in plenty of cool colours, soft and luxuriously made, is fully machine washable and colour fast, having fast drying properties besides its heat retention, itch resistance, comfortable wear, a double layered and fleece fabric.
When it comes to the price at which the product is offered, it’s budget-friendly and is therefore affordable for you. It is one of the most popular neck gaiters known especially for its 100% acrylic fleece materials used in the construction of the product giving it a soft and warm touch, great for winter athletes. Its multiple different colours offer a wide variety of choices for the consumers having different types of taste, specially designed with great value making it a product you most definitely to have to settle for.
2. Smartwool Merino 250
Smartwool Merino 250
- It is 100% Merino Wool, is Merino 250 fabric
- Has double layer interlock knit for maximum warmth as well as versatility, is 18 inches wide, knit in Vietnam
- Comes in one size fitting all, two colours of black and white.
- It is machine washable with warm wash, Gentle Cycle Wash with similar colour, do not bleach, tumble dry, low cool iron when needed or dry clean- and if for best appearance, you can wash the garment inside out and flat/line dry.
The Smartwool Merino 250 is a luxuriously knitted and cosy feel type of neck gaiter having a lovely sensation on your skin, a type of clothing that works well with all sorts of weather be it wind or rain, for it is truly handy. It is a stylish and alternative of the scarf, one for its fancy design looks great with your overcoat when out on your outdoor adventure, it is double layered offering maximum heat protection.
It is one with 100% merino wool, finely warm and cosy, breathable, has moisture wicking, it is odourless, very adjustable as well as stays dry when worn. It is possible to be worn over your face or neck, it is one that is made to fit most people having an average neck size, though usually its back side turns to have more material available for your own benefit. When it comes to colour choice, it comes in either black or white and though it probably may not be the most economical gaiter, it is one that is truly worth your value, worth spending your money on it.
More, to say that the gaiter is one specially made with top-notch material giving you more reasons to consider settling for this product.
3. Buff Multifunctional
- It is 100% microfiber polyester, imported and is possibly wearable in 12 different way from cap to balaclava to neck gaiter to hair tie—having optional performance and protection, personalised style, as well as a perfect fit.
- It dries quickly, wicks away moisture, offers resistance against both wind and odour, its seamless design minimalizes irritation for long-term comfort, it is exceptionally adaptable, Original headwear buff.
The Buff Multifunctional gaiter is one that is specially designed with versatility offering many ways of which you can wear it, it’s not very thick fabric able to cover not only your neck but also your head as well as face, one that is designed warmth.
It is indeed comfortable, warm, its seam-free construction ensuring that no irritation to your skin is given when worn, it is 100 % crafted in polyester microfiber, one that is made to offer a durability. It is soft, highly resistant to wind and moisture, great at preventing odours, easily washed and dries within minutes, its added benefits include the possibilities of wearing it as a cap, hair tie or even a balaclava.
A type of gaiter is this one that no matter how you use it, its unique and fabulous design is what truly makes it unique, especially that its 12-colour optional design, gives the wearers choices of settling what truly sits best with them and is their taste. The gaiter is designed to fit all neck sizes, making it ideal for use by anyone, a lovable product that is highly resistant to both wind and moisture, and one that is truly worth your money.
4.Columbia Fast Trek
- Specially made for the male folk but is of a unisex design
- It is 100% Polyester, is imported, of 250g micro fleece, machine washable and comprises of the Columbia brand logo on the bottom left.
The Columbia Fast Trek Neck Gaiter is a unisex type of neck gaiter that is comprising of moisture wicking material specially made for runners, is of 100% durable polyester design and one that is comfortable of a snug fit.
It is a neck gaiter that is both small and of compact size that is breathable, machine washable and is an albeit tight fitting winter wear gaiter. It is one whose wicking materials also help in the odour reduction making it a lovable and warm clothing that is favourably priced and offered a value that is said to be truly reliable.
For its unisex design, this makes it ideal for both men and women to wear it, the gaiter serving as fine piece of clothing that truly comes in handy when need of it comes along. The gaiter is made with the Columbia brand logo on the bottom left, of 250 grams microfleece, a product that comes with versatility in warmth in a soft and sleek fashion.
5. Carhartt Fleece Neck Gaiter
Carhartt Fleece Neck Gaiter
- It is made of 92% Polyester/8% Spandex, is hand washable, imported, a fleece neck warmer having the Carhartt logo label sewn at the back-seam.
- Specifically made for the man
The Carhartt Fleece Neck Gaiter is a stylish, simple and streamlined gaiter with great warmth, comfortability, of fleecy material design offering thermal protection, one that is ideal to wear on the cold and windy days.
The gaiter is designed to offer warmth to both the neck and face of the wearer, one that has the distinctive brand logo sewn on the back-seam. It is hand washable, long enough to not only cover the ears of the wearer as well, it is soft, comfy, not itchy, of a simplistic design and great to wear.
The gaiter is one designed with a sturdy construction, is stretchy, has snug fit for the lower half of the face, coming also at a favourably good price. It is a runners’ gaiter that is made of stretchy polyester and spandex blend. A truly comfy and reliable product is this.
6. Sunmeic Neck Gaiter
Sunmeic Neck Gaiter
- It is a versatile face scarf mask that is stretchy and capable of being used as a face mask, beanie, balaclava, beanie or as neck gaiter. It is of high quality sewing for having UV protection and of durable design.
- It is a multipurpose cycling mask that can serve for use in skiing worn under a helmet, for snowboarding, cycling, motorcycling, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing outdoor activities.
The Sunmeic neck gaiter is a cotton velvet neck gaiter that is designed with both wind proof and cold weather proof features offering warmth in its luxurious kind of design great for snow weather adventures. It is one that is a versatile and adaptable face scarf that is meant for multipurpose usage, is superbly stretchy offering also great comfort enabling it even to be worn as a face mask or perhaps as a beanie.
It is one that can serve for the use in various outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, mountain climbing, snowboarding, just to mention but a few, one that is of quality construction for much care put into its design by the manufacturers making it one that is of premium wind and dust proof fabric construction.
It is a type of neck gaiter that is possible to be worn as a mask, bandana, beanie, balaclava besides being the typical neck gaiter it is used for. It is a trusted product from the well-to do Sunmeic brand whose products are best known to be designed with their own factory advanced machines, tested before selling and thus offering much assurance to the customers when it comes to purchasing one of their products.
7. Chaos Chinook Neck Gaiter
Chaos Chinook Neck Gaiter
- It is of 95% Polyester/Spandex 5%, lightweight, cosy, comfortable against skin, has 100% polyester Micro Flex 4-way stretch fleece, shaped bottom providing full neck coverage, micro-fleece neck gaiter/tube for cold weather. It is machine washable, line dries only and is imported.
The CTR Chinook Neck Gaiter is a design of Chaos that is lightweight, warm, which for its shape is one that offers much protection to the wearer’s neck, the bottom half of their face, having also drop-front tucks in the jacket collar for additional neck protection. It is one that has Micro stretch fleece responsible for the wicking away of moisture and delivering an ultra-soft touch, a typical unisex product designed to suit and fit both men and women coming in black colour only.
It is comfy and warm against your skin, reduces entrance of cold air and when cycling on your bike at high speed, it reduces a substantial amount of it; and when it comes to its thinness, it is thus breathable and as already mentioned, lightweight.
It is one type of neck gaiter that is designed to offer high level protection and a soft feel against the harshest of elements using Micro Flex 4 way Stretch micro fleece. Additionally, it has a 3D fit, having form fitting 3 panel construction and flat lock stitching providing great comfort as well as durability. Further on to say, the gaiter is truly ideal for usage as a helmet liner or worn separately as a beanie.
8. Buff Multifunctional
- It keeps neck warm and dry better than a scarf could do, the gaiter being made of High-quality thermal yarn for maximum heat retention, coming in colours of grey, black, blue and purple or brown.
- Its Shell is 100% Acrylic, lining is 100% Polyester; 8 inches H 11 inches L. It has soft, breathable fleece interior that makes it warm and cosy, the gaiter is easily slipping over head covering neck, mouth, ears and face.
- It is of Adult size, fitting most, the neck warmer also fitting teens and some juniors, the neck warmers made in China. It has moisture management or wicking with thermal properties making it great for both men and women, one that is ideal for outdoor sports activities such as snowboarding, running, sledding, toboggan to mention but a few.
- The unisex Artic Extremes Neck Warmers coming in various types of Sets from Dropdown Menu of 2 brown, 2 Marled Grey, 2 Black or 1 Blue and 1 Purple; new in Retail Packaging.
The Arctic Extreme Neck Gaiter is one that is designed to keep the wearer warm and dry during the elements of cold weather offering comfort as well as protection for having a high-quality thermal yarn maximum heat retention design.
It is soft, breathable, has a moisture management system, a fine and great outdoor use neck gaiter that easily slips over your head covering your neck, mouth, ears as well as face. The gaiter is one that is interiorly designed with soft and fleecy nature for cosy feel when it is worn, one that is truly ideal for cold-weather outdoor activities such as mountain climbing, skiing, having not to worry about the possible development of moisture since the gaiter has that all sorted out all ready for you.
Also, further on to say about this product is that it is one specifically made to be of one size that fits all neck sizes, is not itchy, has thermal properties, one that will surely keep you warm and cosy when you are adventuring. The gaiter, for your benefit, comes in available colours of grey, black, blue and purple or brown thus offering you a variety of colours pertaining to your taste from which to choose from.
That’s it, dear folks! I’m done. I think this should be good enough to help you with choosing the best cold weather neck gaiter you are looking for.